Grilled Veggie Quesadillas Recipe
BBQ’s should be inclusive, providing tasty summer food for all but this insanely tasty vegetarian recipe is a crowd pleaser for all! This Veggie Quesadilla recipe injects a little Mexican magic into your BBQ, packed with flavour and colour these babies make a pleasant accompaniment and change to your standard BBQ burger and sausage do.
If you fancy spicing it up a little just throw some chicken into the mix for some added protein and bbq flavour! Simply grill a few boneless thighs or breasts on the grill then cut or shred into quesadillas before folding over and placing on the BBQ or grill.
- 4 large white/wholegrain tortillas
- 2 large zucchini sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 large squash, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 4 large Portobello mushrooms sliced
- 4 red bell peppers or sweet pointed red peppers
- 1 large red onion sliced
- 225g mozzarella cheese shredded
- 8 tbsp pesto
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- Turn your grill on and let it heat up to about 180C degrees, or if you’re BBQing let it get smoky!
- Season the zucchini, squash and mushrooms with salt and pepper.
- Grill the vegetables, including the peppers on both sides until grill marks form. Remove from grill and set aside. Make sure you grill the peppers until they’re charred.
- Let the peppers cool then careful remove the skin and seeds from the peppers then wash them out.
- Take a large tortilla and spread 2 tbsp. of pesto over the top of the tortilla.
- Arrange grilled vegetables on half of the tortillas, some zucchini, squash, red onion, mushrooms and peppers. Top with about 60g of mozzarella cheese, use less if preferred.
- Flip over the other half of the tortilla to form half a circle and press down. You can use a Panini press to grill the quesadilla or use a griddle pan or your BBQ.
- If you’re using a griddle pan, spray the bottom with cooking spray. Place the quesadilla and grill it on both sides until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas and grilled vegetables.
- Cut each quesadilla in 4 and serve.
What are your favourite BBQ recipes? Please share any tasty BBQ recipes you have with us over on social; tag us at @andrewjamesuk on Instagram and @andrewjamesltd on Twitter as we’d truly love to hear them!