Gluten-Free Chocolate Pancakes
Although pancakes are traditionally served on Shrove Tuesday, we believe that their battery goodness deserves to be enjoyed the whole year through!
Said deliciousness must be enjoyed by all, including those with allergies and intolerance; there is no exclusion when it comes to Pancake indulgence!!
Therefore we wanted to embrace the pancake-love and share with you all this incredible gluten-free recipe, that’ll undoubtedly become a favourite for all the chocoholics amongst you!
This sweet pancake recipe, as part of our sweet and savoury pancake series, makes the perfect dessert for families (or naughty breakfast, if you’re chocolate craving hits early!)
- 55g rice flour
- 55g Gluten-free flour
- ½ tsp gluten-free baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 50g grated chocolate (dark or milk)
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 300ml milk
- Oil or melted butter
- Sift the flours, baking powder and salt into a bowl and then add the grated chocolate
- Make a well in the centre, break in the eggs and pour in the melted butter.
- With a whisk, gently stir the flour mixture into the eggs, gradually adding enough of the milk to make a smooth batter the consistency of single cream.
- Lightly brush the crepe maker or a non-stick frying pan with a little oil or melted butter. If using a crepe maker, preheat it to Medium or put the non-stick frying pan over a medium heat.
- When hot, pour in a small ladleful of batter and spread or swirl to give a thin layer. Cook gently for about 30-45 seconds on one side until the underside is golden brown.
- Using a flat spatula or palette knife, carefully flip the pancake over and cook the second side for about 30 seconds.
- Lift out and keep warm.
- Cook the remaining batter and serve warm. Top with melted chocolate if you’ve really got a cocoa craving!!