Garlic, Mushroom and Brie Pancakes
As the final recipe from our Sweet and Savoury pancake series, this one is most suited to those partial to a sophisticated and savoury pancake.
Garlic, Mushroom and Brie is a classic combination; the brie perfectly complimenting the woody mushrooms and the ever-flavoursome garlic. It’s more of a restaurant-worthy meal than a stack of pancakes, that’s for sure!
Cook these to impress dinner party guests, or if you’re ever in the mood for a highly decadent breakfast, just go for it and stack these babies up!
- 125g plain flour
- 2 medium eggs
- 375ml milk
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 25g butter
- 500g mixed mushrooms, halved or sliced
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp thyme leaves
- 4 tbsp white wine (or water)
- 150g brie, cut into small chunks
- Salad leaves, to serve
- Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the middle of the flour and add eggs with half the milk.
- Whisk with a food mixer until the mixture is lump free. Add the remaining milk and oil and whisk again until smooth.
- Pour the batter into a jug. Leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat a medium (20cm) frying pan over a medium heat and brush with oil.
- Pour in about 5 tbsps of pancake batter and swirl to coat the base.
- Cook for about a minute until deep golden, flip or turn and cook for a further 30 seconds.
- Repeat with remaining mixture to make 8 pancakes in total.
- For the filling, melt butter in a large frying pan or wok, add mushrooms and cook over a medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes until golden.
- Add onions, garlic and thyme and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Pour in the wine or water and simmer for a minute before removing from the heat and stirring through the brie.
- Spoon the mixture into the pancakes and serve with salad leaves