Banoffee Pie Ice Cream Recipe (by missh_mac)
Fancy an Ice Cream Suday? Our lush guest blogger, this ice cream recipe comes from missh_mac, one of our Instagram stars.
It’s an easy homemade ice cream recipe with the Andrew James Ice Cream Maker. We’ll let her take it from here…
Below is my Banoffee Pie Ice Cream Recipe. Banoffee pie is my favourite dessert and whilst my mum lives overseas, it’s the one thing she will always make for me when we see each other. And you can’t beat your mum’s cooking! I wanted to replicate it into an ice cream version so this is my own creation.
Banofee Ice Cream Ingredients
150g caster sugar
250ml double cream
227g clotted cream
2 large bananas
Half a pack of digestive biscuits
75g dark brown soft sugar
397g can Condensed Milk
1. Put the clotted cream into a large jug and slowly add the double cream and stir.
2. Add the caster sugar to the jug and make sure it is mixed well.
3. Turn on your ice cream maker and pour the cream mixture into it.
4. Put the biscuits into a sandwich bag and crush but not to a fine crumb. It’s nice to have a few chunks of biscuits in the ice cream.
5. Heat a saucepan on a medium-low heat and add the butter until melted.
6. Slowly add the brown sugar until glossy.
7. Add the condensed milk and constantly stir till a caramel and set aside off the heat.
8. Chop the banana into small chunks.
9. Once the ice cream is churned, add a 1/3 to your ice cream tub and mix in 1/3 of the biscuit, swirl some caramel into it using a stick of some sort – I use a chopstick!
10. Sprinkle 1/3 of banana chunks on to it and keep repeating this until you have used all of your ingredients and pop into the freezer to harden.